Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flight Report: American Airlines 767-300ER Los Angeles LAX to Chicago O'Hare (ORD)

After an early morning flight from Santa Rosa, on Horizon Air, we got ready for our next leg, flying back towards Virginia. 

I was especially excited about this flight because this was to be my first flight on a Boeing 767. Never having been on the 767, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was excited! I had a window seat for the flight which was nice. In addition to being my first 767, this was the first national widebody flight I have ever been on.

American Airlines Flight 1196 Information
  • Flight: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Chicago O'Hare International (ORD)
  • Flight Time: 3 Hours, 55 Minutes
  • Aircraft: American Airlines 767-300 [N349AN] 
  • Seat: 36J (window) 

Our 767 at the gate in LAX


Our AA767-300ER, N349AN


Here is the video from our: Takeoff at LAX on the cloudy day: More video can be found on my youtube channel, MartinsAviation1


Flying back over the western United States was again another cool experience to have from the window.  I didn't have internet access on this flight, so I couldn't see where were, live, unless I looked up at the moving map on the ceiling TV's. 

In general, the AA767 flight was pretty good. I wasn't really all that impressed with the seats. I remember them being pretty tight and not comfortable in general. After landing, I couldn't imagine having to sit in those seats for 9+ hours, on a flight to South America or Europe, as this plane frequently does. This was my first widebody flight within the United States, which I thought was very cool. Even though the seats weren't great... I'd certainly recommend flying on a larger aircraft, like this if you have the option. 

The new 767 cabin on our flight to Chicago 


My seat, 36J on the American Airlines 767-300ER

Flying somewhere over New Mexico 


Here is the video from our landing at Chicago O'Hare (ORD). We were delayed slightly because of rain and thunderstorms: 




Thanks for reading and watching!
Swayne Martin
Twitter: @MartinsAviation



2 comments:

  1. Great photos and excellent videos. AA should hire you to be their marketing consultant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine ... from JFK to Paris CDG , with an old B757 ;-)

    Great report, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment; I really appreciate it! Glad you are here with me on the blog. If your comment does not appear right away, it will after verification.

Many Thanks, Happy Flying,
Swayne Martin